University of Pennsylvania:
- Douglas H. Smith, MD (PI): the Robert A. Groff Professor of Neurosurgery and Director of the Center for Brain Injury and Repair.
- John Q. Trojanowski, MD, PhD: the William Maul Measey – Truman G. Schnabel, Jr., M.D. Professor of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology and Project Director of Penn’s Alzheimer’s Disease Core Center and Udall Center.
- Ramon Diaz-Arrastia, MD, PhD: is Presidential Professor of Neurology and Director of Clinical Traumatic Brain Injury Research.
- Edward B. Lee, MD, PhD: Assistant Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine and a co-leader of the NIH-supported Penn Neurodegenerative disease brain bank.
- David F. Meaney, PhD: is Professor and Chairman of Bioengineering at Penn.
- Victoria E. Johnson, MBChB, PhD: is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Neurosurgery
- Douglas J. Wiebe, PhD: is a Professor of Epidemiology, has appointments in Emergency Medicine and in the Division of Trauma, is the Director of the Penn Injury Science Center funded by the CDC, and directed the Data Coordinating Center for the Ivy League – Big Ten Epidemiology Study of Concussion.
University of Glasgow:
- William Stewart, MBChB, PhD, FRCPath (Program co-PI): Consultant Neuropathologist, Department of Neuropathology, Queen Elizabeth University Hospital, and Honorary Clinical Associate Professor at the University of Glasgow and Adjunct Associate Professor at the University of Pennsylvania.
Medical Research and Materiel Command (MRMC):
- Col. Sidney R. Hinds, MD: was the National Director, Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center (DVBIC), and is a programmatic panel member on the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs’ Gulf War Illness and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis research programs.
- John F. Crary, MD, PhD: is a Professor of neuropathology and neuroscience.
- Kristen Dams-O’Connor, PhD: is Co-Director of the Brain Injury Research Center, a clinical neuropsychologist and Associate Professor in the Department of Rehabilitation Medicine
- Etty Cortes, MD: is a neuropathologist, was the Associate Director of the New York Brain Bank in the Taub Institute at Columbia University and is now the Director of Brain Banking at Mount Sinai.
New York University:
- Rebecca D. Folkerth, MD: was the lead neuropathologist at the MGH/Brigham LETBI site, and is currently at the New York City Medical Examiner’s office
- Andre van der Kouwe, PhD: is an Associate Professor in Radiology at Harvard Medical School and Physics at Massachusetts General Hospital.
- Brian L. Edlow, MD: is a member of the Neurocritical Care Faculty at Massachusetts General Hospital and Assistant Professor of Neurology at Harvard Medical School.
- Bruce Fischl, MD, PhD: is a Professor in Neuroscience and Radiology at Harvard Medical School.
- Thomas J. Montine, MD, PhD: is the chair of the Department of Pathology
University of California San Francisco:
- Geoffrey Manley, MD, PhD: is the Chief of Neurosurgery, Professor and Vice Chairman of Neurological Surgery, and Co-Director of the Brain and Spinal Injury Center.
- Kristine Yaffe, MD: is the Scola Endowed Chair and Vice Chair and Professor of Psychiatry, Neurology and Epidemiology as well as the Chief of NeuroPsychiatry and Director of the Memory Evaluation Clinic.
University of Toronto:
- Lili-Naz Hazrati, MD, PhD, FRCPC: is a neuropathologist and Associate Professor at The Hospital for Sick Kids.
- Gabor G. Kovacs, MD, PhD: has coordinated an international consensus on ageing-related tau-astrogliopathy (ARTAG), an important aspect of CTE, and has participated in the EU Project BrainNet Europe II focusing on brain banking.
University of Washington:
- Christopher D. Keene, MD PhD: is PI of the BioRepository and Integrated Neuropathology (BRaIN) Laboratory which houses the Precision Neuropathology (PNP) Core.
University of Pittsburgh:
- Julia Kofler, MD: is Co-Director and neuropathology core leader of the Pittsburgh Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center (PITT-ADRC) and the primary neuropathologist for several other local banking cohorts (NIH NeuroBioBank, ALS, movement disorders, TBI/CTE).
- David Okonkwo, MD, PhD: is the Director of Neurotrauma Clinical Trials Center (NCTC) and Professor of Neurological Surgery, and associated with the clinical core of the Brain Trauma Research Center (BTRC).
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences:
- Daniel Perl, MD: leads the Center for Neuroscience and Regenerative Medicine Brain Tissue Repository.
- Diego Iacono, MD, PhD: is Research Associate Professor, Deputy Director of the Brain Tissue Repository and Neuropathology Core at the Center for Neuroscience and Regenerative Medicine (CNRM), and Associate Professor of Neurology, Pathology and Neuroscience.